What a great set of meetings. I missed my kids terribly (they were with their dad at Ocean Shores, visiting his dad) but being there, and feeling the spirit of the meeting was so (SO) wonderful. And muchly needed. I was able to take away lot. And all with the theme I've been striving to remember this last week. The blessings in my life have not gone away - they are still here, and still very real.
In sacrament meeting we sang "Count Your Many Blessings". This hymn always makes me cry - but today - whew - open the flood gates. Here are the words, in case none of you know it - and a reminder for those that do.
When upon life’s billows you are tempest tossed,
When you are discouraged, thinking all is lost,
Count your many blessings, name them one by one,
And it will surprise you what the Lord hath done.
Refrain:
Count your blessings, name them one by one,
Count your blessings, see what God hath done!
Count your blessings, name them one by one,
And it will surprise you what the Lord hath done.
Are you ever burdened with a load of care?
Does the cross seem heavy you are called to bear?
Count your many blessings, every doubt will fly,
And you will be singing as the days go by.
Refrain
When you look at others with their lands and gold,
Think that Christ has promised you His wealth untold;
Count your many blessings; money cannot buy
Your reward in heaven, nor your home on high.
Refrain
So, amid the conflict whether great or small,
Do not be discouraged, God is over all;
Count your many blessings, angels will attend,
Help and comfort give you to your journey’s end.
Refrain
Then, in RS we had a wonderful lesson (yes Laura, wonderful). Although I was slightly distracted with taking roll because the silly notebook can't make it around the room, and we were handing out new VT assignments - I caught most of it. We talked about Job - from the bible (not job as in a source of income) and how he'd lost EVERYTHING in his life - and how hard that would have been, and still he held onto his testimony, and knew that his blessings were in store, even if they could not be seen at the moment.
So amid the conflict, I need to not be discouraged. GOD IS OVERALL.
I can't be more grateful for this knowledge. At such a time of struggle, and confussion - to be able to find peace - TRUE PEACE - and happiness as well, is such a blessing.
And I am grateful! =) (and NOT a liar!) =P
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








3 comments:
Yeah! I'm glad that you got a reminder today about how GREAT God is, all the time, even when things around you don't feel so great. :)
Thanks. [blush]
I'm glad that you were able to feel the Spirit today to boost you up. You just may need the boost in the next few weeks...
Should I stop calling you a liar? Or should I wait until you stop answering my calls to realize that? Ü
You bore such a sweet testimony. John commented on your hunting for treasure in your trials idea. That is a great new insight. Thanks.
I hope the next few weeks go really fast for you!
Post a Comment