Thursday, March 20, 2008

I am SO spoiled!

I don't think I could ever be happier. Just out of a hot shower (without having to do my hair or get dressed up or anything) and having a helping of hot tortilla soup. Yum skiddley umshious!

Rewind to this morning. I get to the hospital, right on schedule (8 am). Within a few minutes I'm called back to my favorite room. They inform me that I have to have a pregnancy test before the dose can be administered. Yes, even though I'm not...well, ya know, active in that area of my life, and yes, even though my period started only 2 days ago. So, I get poked and my blood gets sent down to the lab. It'll be at least 30 minutes for the results. Why didn't these people think to do this yesterday to speed up today?? Ugh. Guess what the test results said??? I'm not pregnant! Surprise!

After that, I had another "patient counseling" session with the radiation safety officer guys. We went over all the same stuff as before, with a few things added. Once I go home, I have to shower 3 times and change into new clothing each time over the course of the day. In the morning I'm to shower and put on clean clothes again, along with washing the bedding and towels. After that, I'm back to normal routine for the week - but should change the towels and the bedding again at the end of the week. Not too bad.

So - come time for the dose, I'm off to my favorite room again. Same routine as Monday - this time with about 1 tsp of RAI to drink up, along with a few tablespoons of distilled water. For reference sake I was given 109 millicuries of RAI today. I asked for curiosity sake how much I got on Monday - she said it was like .0002 or something like that. TONS less. hehe. It was much the same as Monday's drink - through the straw, don't spill - yada yada. After I'm done with the concoction they wand me to get a reading on how much radiation I'm spilling out, then ask me if I had any other questions. I say nope. They say, "Ok, then all we ask is that you leave!" =) And I was instructed to get in my car and go straight home.

So far I've eaten: pita chips, a personal pan pizza hut pizza, a half of a enchilada (YUM Marci!), a couple of oatmeal chocolate chip cookies (YUM Tif!), a chocolate truffle, and tortilla soup (YUM Heidi!). Where would I be without my wonderful friends?? You guys are the best!

Other than that - do you know how SHORT 15 minutes is? I'm tired of sour candies! All day today and tomorrow - and every couple hours in the night. ICK!

And - on a funny note. Here is a picture of the shirt I designed and made. The NucMed department got a kick out of it. =)

3 comments:

Tina said...

I ♥ it!

Katrina, Kyle and Family said...

Your shirt is great. I love your attitude. You are the best.

kiley said...

love the shirt!
you should make me one that says "there's this guy..."
haha!! :)
love ya lots!