Monday, March 3, 2008

Day One

Well - I survived the first day of the LID!!! *cheer, dance, sing*

We started off the day as normal - scriptures and getting ready for school. Then I headed for basketball!! YEA! I got to play this morning for the first tmie in a long time. It was great to see the gals (Heidi, I missed you!) and great to be on the court again. Sure, it kicked my butt - but it was SO good! I'm hoping that on Friday (the next bball day) I'll be feeling up to playing. I can hope, right?

After bball I took Molly to get her hair fixed. Over the weekend her inlaws convinced her to finally cut it off! It looked great - except for a few uneven parts. So I took her over to my friend Lynda's who does hair. While we were there, I bit the bullet and had Lucy's hair cut too!!! It'll make doing her hair SO SO SO much easier - and BOY is she CUTE!!! Of course I got pictures, but as is the story of my camera, I am just too lazy to go through the trouble of putting them on the computer at this exact moment. I don't know how you guys do it... What a pain.

Then I hit up Costco - figured I better do it before I don't feel up to it. We also hit the commisary on the way home tocheck for a few other groceries I might be able to eat. It's very frusterating though to walk through the store...We'd find something and get excited - "Oh look, I can have this!!!! Oh wait - it has salt (or soy, or milk, or some other off limit thing). It happened SO many times I just wanted to leave the store. I was slightly frusterated because I was hungry, having had only an apple and some cantalope - and having a grumpy tummy from the "too much fruit" factor. Also, I have to be careful - because of having the gastric bypass surgeryI can't process too much sugar at any one period.

As to the diet - I had an apple, and a few pieces of a not so good orange, some cantalope and some pineapple (Yummy!!). I found some granola at the store that I like. I found Matzo crackers that taste like cardboard, but aren't THAT bad after putting my special (not really that great either) peanut butter on it. I bought plain rice cakes (that I don't really expect to be good either, but worth a shot). Molly made me some garlic chicken tonight, and some garlic roasted potatoes. YUM!! Totally hit the spot, although most likely anything but fruit would have! I also threw some ingredients in the bread maker and am hoping for a decent loaf of bread...but we'll see.

So - I suppose that was a long way of saying - Hurray! I survived!!

Thanks for all your support guys! I love ya!

No comments: