Sunday, March 9, 2008

today's wonderful update

So, we've gone from "still truckin" to "riding on the truck". I think, at least at moments, we've moved into being dragged behind the truck...

Yesterday was a difficult day. There was NO energy - although I did manage to get a few things done. Today, kinda the same. Although all of my "getting stuff done" happened before church. I managed to get a roast (and vegies) in the crock pot (I'm starving, and desperate for FOOD) as well as get all of us ready for church, on top of a few RS things. And I actually MADE it to church. But man oh man, once I was there...I really could have laid down in one of the pews. People in Sunday School thought I was sleeping...I wasn't, although I would have liked to have been. I was too tired (physically, not sleepily) to keep my eyes open, or my head up at times.

So far I've dealt with (and this is more for records sake than complaining sake) bloating, constipation (and the opposite, due to the fruit), fatigue, weakness, nausea, muscle issues (cramps, pain and twitching) - and of course I'm freezing to death (which is normal for me, only possibly worse because of "hypo-hell"). I've also gained a little bit of weight. Oh joy. (who knows if that's from being a lazy butt, or from the hypo stuff). Also - the "brain fog" (holy heck am I grateful for spell check, or I'd sound like the biggest goober in history!) There are times where I'm better than others, it seems to kinda go in waves... Sometimes I'm just tired and feel fine, sometimes it all feels kinda foggy - like I'm on vicodin or something. Everything slower moving. Like today, in RS: a sign up sheet went around for people to sign up for bringing my family dinners this week. One of the people that signed up came up to ask me how to get to my house. And I couldn't tell her. I couldn't make sense of my thoughts, or my words...

All of this is extremely frustrating. I'd guess it's, at least partly, the cause of my emotional upsets. I've been way to hard on my kids, which adds to things as well. I hate that they are going through this right along with me. I wish that there were some way to function perfectly normal when they are around and completely crash when they are not. They are being quite good about helping me out, but my patience level and my ability to deal with the little things has seemed to go right out the window. I've told them sorry a million times, but I know it doesn't make up for it.

I can't believe it's only been a week...

I also can't believe I sit down to write a short blurb and talk forever. Bah.

No comments: