Sunday, July 6, 2008

My kind of fireworks!

I'm exhausted! But it's all worth it!

I am having a blast here. It is wonderful to be around my sister and her family. Th kids are loving having cousins around, and it is so fun to be able to play with everyone all together.

I'm also having a blast going on dates! My new friend (we'll call him Mr. T (hehe)) and I have enjoyed each others company quite a bit since meeting on Thursday evening. He ended up joining our group of friends (it was my sister and her family (5 total) me and mine (4 total) my sisters friend and her daughter (2) and my brother in law's friend and his son (2) for a total of 13, plus Mr. T!) It was quite fun. We walked up and down the festival, it was kind of like a farmer's market without the fruit - or kinda like the Puyallup fair without the rides (and much smaller). Lots of little shops and a few food stands and such.

After the festival we went to my brother in laws friend's parent's house for a BBQ and fireworks. Mr. T had invited me to go to the drive in movie with him, his 2 sisters and their husband and boyfriend. So my sister ket all the kids for the fireworks and Mr. T and I headed out for the movies. It turns out that it was quite windy and there was a possibility of rain, so the plan changed to go to his parents house for games or a movie. Yup - I've met the parents already! LOL His sisters and their significant others were there as well and we ended up watching Mad Money - which was okay. Worth watching once, but not owning.

After the movie we went out back and laid out under the stars on the trampoline for a while, talking about all sorts of things. By the end of the evening we'd created our own fireworks. =)

Yesterday (Saturday) I got to see him briefly while he was in town doing temple work. The temple closest to his house was closed for cleaning, and the next closest one was the one a mile from my sisters house. How convenient! hehe We spent about an hour running a few errands he needed to do and then had to get going. But we got to talk on the phone again for a while.

It has been very nice getting to know him. I'm quite impressed how easily it has been to connect to and enjoy his company. I would have never guessed finding someone so like-able would be so easy! =)

Anyway - that's my story. =) We're set up for our next date on Monday night while I'm up his way visiting my ex mother in law. She's going to enjoy some time with the kids. We'll end up staying with her one night and then coming back to my sisters place.

4 comments:

Tifany said...

Yeah for "fireworks"! I'm so glad you're having a great time. You are way too busy having fun!! Where do you get your energy? I know it's not Diet Coke because I'm an avid drinker & I still look forward to a nap every day. I'm soooo happy for you & Mr. T. Does he have a mo-hawk?? j.k. I wish I could meet him!

John and Laura said...

Oo-la-la!! I didn't think fireworks were legal in Utah! Don't leave Utah without taking some pictures of him! Have fun. We missed you today!

Julie Siegel said...

OK, you have been single for like two weeks! I need to figure out how you did this!!!

Mandy said...

Are you really in Utah??? Some friend you are.