Friday, July 11, 2008

Time moves too fast

It has been a very fast moving, very busy - very FUN week!

I am still at my sister's house. I only have a few days left here before I head to mom and dad's for about a month, then I get to come back for about a week on my way home. YAY!

I've seen quite a bit of Mr. T. Things are still going really well. He's been quite wonderful to be around, and I've very much enjoyed getting to know him. Here's my favorite picture of him. I think it's from about a year ago, so his hair is a little different and his gotee was gone last week, but he's growing it again (cause I said I liked it...hehe)



We've enjoyed challenging eachother to Mario Kart, dinner dates, phone calls, movies...it's been a lot of fun! It's hard to believe that my time is almost up...

Being with my sister has also been a blast. We've enjoyed swapping clothes and shoes - we're the same size!!! That's never really happened ever before, so it's been a lot of fun! We've gone shopping and gotten me a new outfit or two. We've done make up and movies, games and just general girly chit chat.

I've also been exploring job opportunities, both here in the Provo/Salt Lake area and in Tucson. I'm just browsing, trying to take an active role in guiding my life somewhere, rather than just being "stuck" somewhere. I've found some interesting adds, but I'm finding myself terrified at even attempting to make up a resume...what would it say on it? "Hi, I'm Jori...I haven't worked in 13 years, I have no schooling and no experience. Hire me!"

I know I have marketable skills - I'm good on the comptuer, I type 65+ words per minute, I am a very fast learner, I'm pretty self motivated...I know I'm good at a lot of things - but I guess I lack in the "selling myself" department. I don't have a clue how to convince someone I don't know that I'd be worth their time and money...

*thoughtful sigh* can it really only have been a week since I left my life behind to come on this vacation??

2 comments:

Tifany said...

It's only been a week?? I'm glad time is being kind to you. Mr. T is "hottie"! Continue to enjoy your time with your family (and "hottie"). You are great about living in the moment & taking advantage of your situation. Keep it up!!

Anonymous said...

So missy... I think you should join Feedblitz so that you can add people to your reader... that way I can sign up and it will email me when you post! So, I have a blog too... ladylarissadesigns.blogspot.com
I am really excited that you are coming to AZ, although I am a little miffed that you come yearly and have not come to see me before... *pout pout*. I will probably call you again and chat some more! Hope you had a good date with Mr. T. ;-) Sorry for interrupting!