And it was SO much fun!!
Ok, here's the scoop. I've been emailing this guy I "met" on an LDS singles site. He just happens to live in Salt Lake. I've talked to him a few times on the phone over the last week. He offered to take me out when I got here - and so, we ended up going out to dinner last night. (Oh, by the way - I made it to UT safely! LOL) My sister and her husband came with me so that meeting someone from online was safer. We ended up at Applebee's. We got there at about 6ish. When the waitress asked about the number of checks, he was very quick to claim mine. I was unsure of the dating rules and wasn't quite sure what to expect, so it was a nice surprise.
Dinner went really well. It was not awkward in anyway - very comfortable, he was easy to talk to and fun to be with. After meeting that guy for the temple trip last week and having things be so awkward, I wasn't expecting things to be so comfortable. We finished dinner and I kept expecting him to "need to get going" or something, but we sat there and chatted for about 4 hours! And then, we walked through the area. For those that know SLC - we were at "The Gateway". It was a beautiful evening - nice and warm.
He asked how long I was in town for, and when my answer was "another week" he offered to take me out again. =) We ended up leaving about 10:30 and heading home. (A 5 hour first date!!) Then, I got a text message from him, thanking me for a nice evening. I replied back the same, and he asked when he could see me again! Then, after another text or two, we talked on the phone for a few hours! I could have never imagined being so comfortable talking to someone...
So, I'd have to say, for a first official date - and a blind date at that - that things went very well! I'm not sure, but depending on how the day goes he may join us for our Fourth of July fun today.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








2 comments:
I'm the 1st one to comment (ha-ha-ha-ha-ha)!!!!
Jori, you sooooooo deserve to have fun & joy!!!!
I'm glad that you made it to Utah o.k. Not that I really worried about you. I'm glad your "1st" date was a positive one that you can put in your "happy memory" file. Sooooooo, pretend I'm you & give me all the answers to the questions that you, yourself would be dying to blurt out!!!! (Yah, I know you're nosey!)
Love ya!
Yeah! I'm glad you had a good time. You just never know what you're gonna get. Have fun down there!
Post a Comment