Monday, July 21, 2008

Busy havin fun!

All in all, I'm having a blast. Being here with family has been wonderful. My brother and sister in law left yesterday afternoon to go home. Kait misses her cousins already, but we've got a tenitive trip to Mesa/Phoenix planned so they can see eachother again. Swimming everyday has been great as well. The kids have gotten so much better about being in the water, it's great. I took a picture of the pool, doesn't it make ya wanna come visit?? Kait is the one up on the slide, Austin and Brian are toward the back, Mom and my neice are closest to the camera.



Things with Mr. L haven't worked out yet. He called me and we talked for a while about different things here and there. Turns out he was busy working this weekend. I thought the conversation went well, so we'll see if he actually calls back. No sweat if he doesn't.

Meanwhile, I called the RS pres here in town to get hooked up with whatever the singles activities are around here. After a few phone calls to this person and that person, I got hooked up with a gal in Mom's ward, and went out to an activity Sat. night. It was a Kabob BBQ, which turned out to be pretty fun! There were actually more guys there than gals, which is pretty surprising. Most of them fell into the "over 30, never been married, and you can tell why" category (I hate to sound judgemental..) but there was one that had some potential - we'll call him Mr. B (heaven help me if I run into a guy with the same first initial as the one's I'm already writing about! LOL) It was just a general "get to know you" kinda thing. The BBQ was fun - a lot of fun people to be around, potential or not. I got invited to all the other activities that they are doing this week - dinner on Sunday, FHE on Monday and a party on Friday.

Dinner last night was also a blast. More comfortable because I already knew half the people. Got to meet another gal and about 6 more guys. 2 of 'em left early, one spent a bunch of time on the computer there rather than with the people, and I can't even tell you what happened to the others...A group of us played Uno Attack - which if you haven't tried (and you like Uno) you should! It was fun. Mr. B was there again. After it got dark, a gal (Ms. S), Mr. B and I climbed the stairs to the roof for an excellent view of the setting sun. Very pretty! Turns out Ms. S and Mr. B are good friends. They've come to both activities together, and seem to do quite a bit of fun things together. They don't seem to be "together" though... After it was almost too dark to see our way down, we got a few flashlights out of the cars, and went looking for creepy crawly things in the dark. Gila monsters apparently come out, as well as tarantulas, scorpions, lizards and all sorts of bugs. Fascinating stuff - if you don't mind the eww factor.

We came upon 4 different tarantualas - I even touched one! *wiggle, squirm* - a lizard, a frog and tons of crickets and cockroaches. No gila monsters or scorpions.





I still wish I knew how to get the pictures to go side by side so they take up less space...grrrr

Anywho - those are some of the critters we found. It was quite fun. After I got home, Mr. T called to say goodnight, and we talked for a bit. And after we got off, I had a text from Mr. B saying that he had a good time. I wrote back that I did also. He asked if I was still awake enough that he could call, and I was, so he did. We talked for a short while, just getting to know eachother a bit. Sounds like he'll be at the FHE tonight - which is a swing dancing thing (LOVE IT!!!!) so there may be more stories to tell. =)

1 comment:

Julie Siegel said...

It sounds like you are having a lot of fun there but you're missing the big mid single's BBQ here on Saturday night! Tell your family I said hi, I wish I could have seen your mom when she was in town last time.