Sunday, July 27, 2008

Joyfully Overwhelmed

That is the phrase that was pretty throughly discussed in Relief Society today. I really like that phrase. It seems to be the theme for my life over the last few year - and I hope that I have lived up to the "joyfully" part more so than the "overwhelmed" part. I try anyway.

Sacrament meeting was all about prayer - some fun, and spirit filled speakers. I very much enjoyed listening today. And, for the closing song - Hymn # 142, Secret Prayer - which I've heard many many times. Today though, for whatever reason, the words hit home much more strongly than they have before...

He bids me seek His face, believe his words and trust His grace
I'll cast on Him my every care and wait for thee, sweet hour of prayer.

Cast on Him every care. In this time of my life, where I have many paths to choose, many decissions to make for my life and the life of my children, when I have many "cares"...How blessed I am that I know that I have a loving, gentle, Father in Heaven that loves me, that guides me and comforts me. How very blessed I am.

No comments: