Ok - so I'm not doing this because I want sympathy, or because I need any one to feel sorry for me. In fact, I've wrestled with the idea of posting this information because of those reasons. But, the reasons that win out are that you are my friends, and deserve to know what is going on in my life. Also, as this is a journal/record keeping I suppose that it's best written down somewhere...
About two weeks or so ago I went to the doctors. Just a no-big-deal kind of appointment. I wanted to get some more pain meds for when my back and neck are really bad. While I was there, the doctor informed me that when they did the CT scan on my neck back in May (after the car accident) that they found a pretty good sized lump on my thyroid. I guess it's just over 2 cm or something like that. It's a solid, calcified mass - whatever that means. Why they didn't tell me about it 7 months ago, no one seems to know. She says the next steps are to get an ultrasound and to get in with the ENT clinic.
I have spent the last 2 weeks trying not to be worried. Mostly I've been distracted with Christmas and the new school stuff, and my talk. LOL It's worked pretty good. I went to my ultrasound yesterday morning (which is why I missed bball and institute yet again). The doctor called with the results last night. Really, there isn't a whole lot more news. It's only slightly bigger than it was on the scan 7 months ago. The part that is concerning is that it has a good blood supply. I guess that increases the risks of cancer. I have a appointment with the ENT clinic on the 18th (it was the soonest they could fit me in, and I even had to fight to get that appointment). The doc called the ENT clinic last night to try to move up my appointment, but couldn't get anything. She suggested I call at least every morning to see if there are any cancellations that they could fit me into. *sigh*
The next steps I guess are to get in with the ENT clinic on the 18th (if not before). They will want to biopsy it - although probably not at that initial appointment. The regular doc seems to think they will want to remove it - which means a full blown surgery...*another sigh*
I'm trying not to think about it. Trying not to stress about it. But, with the doc sounding as concerned as she did, it makes it hard. Not to mention having to call the ENT clinic at least once a day makes it doubly hard to forget about. hehe
So. There ya have it. As if I needed anything else on my plate. So, I'm off to continue my theme for the year - finding the hidden blessings. There must be something to learn, and I suppose I intend to do so.
Also - it just adds to the growing list of blessings from that silly car accident. If that hadn't happened, I wouldn't' have had that scan, and that bump wouldn't have been found. Cancer or not, it's good that it's found while I have health insurance.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








6 comments:
Sweetie - go get a priesthood blessing! From your hometeachers, your Bishop, SOMEBODY. At the very least, it could give you some comfort.
Keep us posted, okay?
Keep us posted -- We'll be praying for you!
We are awesome...read my last two blogs.
Wow...and scary. You will definitely be in our thoughts and prayers. Think positive...Maybe it will disappear just like your broken arm, right?
I am so glad you let us know about this, Jori. You are right, we are your friends and we are here for you. You will most definitely be in our prayers. You have the most amazing attitude with everything that comes your way. You are truly an inspiration to me. Don't worry, K? You will be all right! Love ya!
Oh my heck! I am sorry I am just trying to catch up on all the blogs... I don't know why I am crying but I am so happy that you let us know and so sad that you are going through all this. This just might be your refiners fire! After all this and you have endured it well, just think how bright you will shine. And remember that your faith will be tested till you think you can't handle it any more!!! We are all here for you! I love you and adore you. You honestly are such a wonderful example to me. I know your life is so hard right now and you smile. You give me hope!!! I mean it. Love ya girl!
Post a Comment