While watching a comedy act at a friends house, there was a joke made about funny translations. It was something like "We speak English. We delivery." It reminded me of a set of instructions that came with one of the boys' Christmas presents last year, that I kept cause it made me laugh. Figured I'd share. =)
It's instructions for putting together a "Soccer Table Game". Basically foosball (or however you spell that). The actual instructions, while pretty legible didn't make a whole lot of sense. "Please align #3 with #4; make #3's flute face inside and then connect to #17." That is step 1. There is no #1 or #2, or any explanation of what #3's flute was suposed to be. I did appreciate that they asked so nicely though.
But, my favorite part is a sentance that follows a picture of every part, screw and bolt that comes with it. It says: "Normal household use screwdriver will need to assembly this unit"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








4 comments:
Ha ha! Thanks for the laugh. Next thing we know, you'll have your own stand-up comedy to take on the road! Can I have a front row seat?
Now that's funny! I love it when people try to do their own interpretations when they clearly don't speak the languge!
i almost spit my juicy juice punch all over my monitor when i read that. are you going to be around on saturday?
My husband and I still love and use a word we read on a set of chopsticks that read:
Please enjoy our golonous cultue.
After that everything was just "golonous."
Post a Comment