So, I've not written in a few days - and I have people calling to see how I'm doing, so I figured I'd better update things.
I'm doing well. It's been a roller coaster kind of week. Tuesday was my pre-op apointments. It was also the day where my body and mind decided to become completely overwhelmed with everything. I had a very mad/sad day that day. I cried more that day than I have in months (which was probably a good thing as I probably needed that release). I learned more about my cancer, more about the surgery, and more about the post-op treatments. It sounds a lot scarier than people have made it out to be. Nothing I can't handle, but it sure will make things interesting being a single mom.
I sure hope I learn my lesson this time and get good at letting people help me...it seems that this whole year has been full of things to help me learn this...I wonder if I'll ever catch on?? Why is it so difficult for us to accept help? To always need to do it on our own? To be good enough on our own? People are out there, ready and willing to help, but we have to be SUPERMOM and do it all...
Anyway. It's been a busy week. The pre-op, presidency meeting, Austin's basketball games (GO AUSTIN!) dentist apointments, and a house to get ready for mom to come and me to be out of commission. Whew. 5 more days and she's here! I can't wait!!! I'm so thrilled that she is coming a few days earlier than she planned so we get a chance to play around before I go under the knife!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








1 comment:
ooohhhhh....i want to see your mom!!! if we can't make it happen at least tell her i wanted to!!
Post a Comment