So - I picked up the boys from school, anticipating the torrential down pour to continue...but as I'm picking them up, it stops. Not that I'm complaining. I need to run to Jo-Anns for a quick thing, so we head for the store, going around the round-a-bout the road is closed going up to the stores...what?? So, me in all my curiosioty drove into the neighboring parking lot to see what all the fuss was about. We even parked to get a closer look - see... it was worth being curious about. Half the street is MISSING!
The kids were amazed. Heck, I was amazed. There was so much of the ground missing - and so much rushing water inside the hole. So - no one plan a trip to Jo-Ann's anytime soon - I doubt you'll make it to the parking lot!
Edited to add info from a news site I found. From the Kitsap Sun: "The worst damage thus far in Port Orchard is a 50-foot long by 30-foot wide and 20-foot deep sinkhole near the Hi-Point Shopping Center, next to Hi-Joy Bowl. A broken stormwater at the north entrance to the shopping center caused by heavy flow. A city water line has been shut off to avoid adding additional water to the damage, leaving no water at the Hi-Joy Bowl."








4 comments:
WoW! That is INSANE! I seriously can't believe that picture is right down by JoAnn's. Guess I won't be going out to shop tomorrow. You are hilarious. I am always curious, too, but never get to find out what's actually going on.
Ditto what Heidi just said!! CRAZY! You are brave to actually go out in this rain. I think I'll be a hermit this winter...
BTW...your calendar and handouts for RS are way cute!
I've infected my kids with curiosity too...they are the ones that encouraged me to get out of the car to check it out. Of course, they all had to come too! I'm glad we did - made for a good picture!
And thanks Tina! Glad you like the handouts/calendar stuff!
I'm with you--curious. I drove by yesterday (before I knew what had happened) and noticed the road was closed, but now I want to go back and have a look for myself! :)
Post a Comment