Saturday, December 29, 2007

Catching Up!

So - there has been lots and lots of things that have happened since I last got the chance to blog!

Christmas was wonderful! We got up at 6 for presents. I got Christmas Breakfast in the oven and we started. The kids totally enjoyed both the giving and the receiving. I too enjoyed myself. I tell ya, there isn't much that gets better than watching your kids faces light up in pure joy! I'm too lazy to post pictures right now, but I did take them! After presents and breakfast we started gathering things to get ready to go to Ocean Shores to visit Grandma and Grandpa Shaffer - (the almost ex's dad and step mom). They have been great, and very supportive through the whole divorce situation, and made me feel totally comfortable about going for Christmas. It was nice. We stayed for a few days, came back Thursday afternoon.

Friday morning I had an apointment at the college. I am now officially a college student!!!!!!!!!!! I could scream from excitement as much as fear at this point! I am in a computer class that will last the whole quarter - it starts in just over a week! It will be an evening class, and worked out perfectly because they are on the days where the almost ex has the kids anyawy. The other classes start on the 24th. After the apointment I went to registration, and then to the book store to get the books I'd need for all the classes. I can't believe I have COLLEGE BOOKS! I can't believe that I've added more to my already busy schedule....I can't spend too much time thinking about it or I become overwhelmed. But, I'm sure it will all work out fine. I'm as excited as I am nervous.

That brings us to today. My anniversary... So far I've done MUCH better than I thought I would. I've been busy all day - which has helped. First thing this morning I had some people come over to look at and buy my parrot. Yes, I sold him. I'm not gonna say too much about it cause I really don't want to cry again, but it was for the best. With all the things I'm busy doing I wasn't able to provide for him like I should have been, and it was kinda a chance thing that I found the people that I did to take him. I feel relief in that - but my house is SO quiet now... I miss him already.

After that, the kids and I went over to Chris and Molly's house for thier visit with their boys. It was the first visit they've been able to have in Port Orchard at their own house in almost a year! All the kids had a blast! I also was able to catch up with a friend of mine from high school - well actually from Jr. High! We lived across the street from eachother during our teenage years and I haven't seen her since Gabe was a baby! It has made for a enjoyable day!

Now we're home, winding down from the day. I've been looking forward to posting for a few days now, but never finding the time. I actually don't have the time right now either - but I'm procrastinating a talk I have to give in sacrament meeting tomorrow. I've got most of it done, but I want some finishing touches. And I need to make a few parts flow a little better. I'm totally stressed over it - and the more I think about it the more nauseaous I feel. I seriously could puke just from thinking about it.... I hate speaking in front of people...

So - there ya have it - that is what I've been up to! I hope you all have had a wonderful Christmas holiday, and I'm looking forward to having time to read blogs too (which I haven't done in days either!)

4 comments:

Julie Siegel said...

I had lots of fun on Saturday too. You'll have to come check out the old neighborhood soon.

Anonymous said...

Wow - busy woman!!! Sounds like you're doing good, despite the anniversary date. YOU GO GIRL! ;-)

Julie Siegel said...

hey...who do you have to know to get access to your other blog?

Heidi said...

I was so sad to hear that I missed your talk. Don said you really did a great job. I told him to have you give it again since I didn't get to hear it. Hope you don't mind...