Friday, November 30, 2007

Paperwork....

First of all, I suppose I should start this off by letting you know that YES! I am indeed still alive. I have had a few emails and phone calls wondering about my well-being. I am alive. I am even doing good. I am just busy!!

It is the last week of the month - which means, for me as the Relief Society secretary, I am super busy. Even if you subtract any other expectations on my time. This is the week I pull together the calendar and the newsletter for the upcoming month. I also make weekly reminder handouts. And, our December Enrichment Meeting is coming up on the 12th, for which I volunteered (what, am I crazy?!?) to make the invitation hand outs and the sign up sheets for the dinner we'll be having. Really - they haven't been that hard. (And I'm not just saying that because half of the Enrichment board reads my blog.) =) I have had fun learning the ins and outs of a new program that is super cool for this kind of thing. So - all in all, I'm getting it done - it's just been time consuming.

Another part of my life that is keeping me busy is that Gabe is playing basketball. He was selected to be on the school team this year! It is very exciting. They have practice twice a week (Mon and Wed) and the first two Saturday's in January will be tournament games against the other elementary schools in the area. He's very excited! Also, he is signed up to play league ball. Practices started last night (Thurs) and we have another one tomorrow (Sat). We should get the schedule of the regular practice times at tomorrows practice. The coach mentioned Tues and Thurs. Works great for me - except those are "the almost ex's" nights with the kids so we'll have to do some schedule tweaking or something...something to be figured out later when my brain isn't running a hundred miles an hour on all this RS stuff! I'm just glad that BJ's league practices/games don't start up until March! I can't imagine adding that to the schedule too.

Now - on to the reason I titled this entry Paperwork. I went to the courthouse this morning and filed the paperwork for the divorce...*sigh* It was one of the hardest things I've had to do. I am all sorts of emotional about it. Mad and sad and hurt; frustrated, relieved, nervous, lonely, weepy, excited...I've run through every emotion I can think of I think. All of that aside though, I am happy to have the 90 day clock started. The court date is set for the 4th of March. Then, it will be final....

So, I'm taking the rest of the afternoon off. We're having a pizza and popcorn party. We're playing games and picking out a movie. Work will always be waiting for me after the kiddos go to bed! Peperoni/Pineapple - here I come! YUM!!!

1 comment:

Kyle and Marci said...

I think you are awesome!!! You are a great example to me. Love ya