Tuesday, December 4, 2007

I hate emotions.

And I hate crying. Why is it that I can be fine, totally fine all week long, then, the almost ex comes for a visit and I turn into a blubbering fool? I've tried to spare you all the blubbering - but I guess today you get to hear it. Although I'm tempted to just erase all this...

I just wish I didn't have any feelings at all sometimes. Wish I could just turn them off like a light switch...and leave them off. Forever.

Ok. Enough of that.

On a good note we got our Christmas tree put up and decorated over the last few days. Maybe that's where some of the emotions come from...I saved out all of the almost ex's ornaments (we each get a new one every year) to see if he wanted them...there are so many memories, just in the ornaments... Anyway, the tree is up, and our tradition of reading Christmas stories and singing Christmas songs every night has gone really well. I love taking that time with my kids before bed. They seem to love it as well.

On another good note BJ had a great birthday today. I woke him up with a quiet version of "Happy Birthday to you" and a hug. We had our scripture time and then off to school. I surprised him in the middle of the day with cupcakes at his class (which makes me want to get on my soap box about the schools not allowing home made goodies in the class room and the cost of store made cupcakes...geesh!). After school was time for presents. After dinner was cake - chocolate with cream cheese frosting with chocolate frosting decorations/words. Kinda a weird mix, but it actually worked nicely together. I can't believe he's 10...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday to BJ!!! Give him a hug from me and high 5's from J. :)

I wish I was up there to give you a great big ole hug.