Today is my last day of vacation. Today is packing day. Tomorrow night, after 8 weeks, I'll be in my own bed, in my own room, in my own house. Alone. And while there are parts of being home I'm looking forward to (friends!) there are parts I'm not looking forward to at all.
I have loved having this time to be with my family. I go through this every year when it's time for me to go home, but never quite as strongly as this time. Maybe it's because I was supposed to move here this summer rather than vacation, and I didn't expect to have to say good bye. But the thought of going home, and having an empty house with not much to do in the evenings is making me sad. I'm sure the normal routine of house work, and preparing for the next day will become normal again, and that I'll continue to be busy (aren't I always?) but it already feels lonely...
I can't believe that school starts for the kids next week. I have a LONG list of the needed school supplies that I'll have to get before they head off to school. I was gonna buy them all here and just pack them home, but since school starts earlier here, they aren't on sale anymore. I figure I'll most likely get better deals at home. Although I'm sure WalMart will be a mad house, and most of the supplies will be limited on what is left..*sigh*
I'm also really REALLY looking forward to playing basketball again!!! I was telling a friend about how I used to play, and that I really missed it - and realized that it's been 8 months since I've played! Since CHRISTMAS! I stopped just before the Christmas rush, then was diaganosed with the cancer, then surgery, then treatment, then recovery and medication level corrections so that I'd have energy again, then vacation - and poof - here we are! 8 months. Holy Cow! I can't wait to go again - even though I'm sure it's gonna kick my butt for weeks when I start up again.
Well, back to packing. The car doesn't pack it's self...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








1 comment:
come back soon :( Lizzy loves and misses your boys.
Post a Comment