So I've been a slacker - at least where the blog is concerned. Everywhere else - not a slacker! Things have continued to be pretty busy around here. You'd think after being gone for 2 months there wouldn't be much to do, right??
The kids had a great first day of school. Austin was nervous, as he started Jr. High this year - and the school is quite large in comparison with an elementary school. That and he has 6 classes, plus homeroom and they don't go to all 6 classes everyday - there is a 3 day rotation, and it's kinda hard to keep things straight...He seems to have gotten the hang of it though, and he's going on as usuall. He'd bummed that he doesnt' have any classes or any lunch periods with his best friend. Brian got the same teacher this year that he had last year - and basically the same class! The teacher moved up with the whole class! She's pretty awesome, and I like that I already have a working relationship with the teacher, and that she knows me and Brian both already. It makes for quite the smooth transition. Kait started 1st grade! She seems to be enjoying things so far, but she has always been a pretty easy going and very social butterfly. We'll see how she does when it comes the whole learning thing. She's always been stubborn about that. Hopefully the teacher is patient and will be able to find a style that suits little miss.
Since the kids are in school all day - that leaves me to lounge on the couch, watch soap operas and eat bon bons all day. NOT! I only wish that there was that kind of free time in the day! HA! I've kept pretty busy doing housework and shopping and putting the house in order after being gone for 2 months.
I glad to be exercising again. 2 months off has left me a little more out of shape than I'd like to be. After the whole cancer thing, and getting my meds situated it's been about 9-10 months since I've done much of anything active. So, I walk the kids to school each day. If I remember right, it's about a half a mile. I've decided that my heart and lungs need a workout too - so I'm starting to run home. I can't actually run the whole way home (how sad is that?!) but I'm starting with what I can do. Friday was my first day of this, and today I actually made it farther than I did on Friday already. I've made myself commit to at least 2 weeks and if I'm not dead by then, I'll assess how I like it. I've never been a runner, but it's always something I've thought about. It would be good for my heart and my lungs - they need the work out.
I also started up basketball again! Friday was my first day back at that. Nope - it didn't kill me, but I thought maybe it was going to! It was great to see all the old faces, and even some new ones. (I missed you Heidi though!!! Get that knee back to working order and get back to basketball!) I made a few baskets, which surprised me. Today was great as well. Didn't wind my quite as much as on Friday. Hopefully my body will get back into the feel of the exercise and I'll get back to just enjoying it rather than having it be work.
Mom is coming up tomorrow! She's making her annual trip for my birthday and the Puyallup Fair. I'm excited. I've missed her!! We're not sure how long she's staying - Dad bought her a one way ticket! I think they are hoping that we'll figure something out with my house and she can just drive back to Tucson with me and my stuff! LOL
Last but not least - dating. There doesn't seem to be any single guys (my age anyway) around here. Or none that I've heard of yet. LOL However, I am fine with this. With as busy as I've been I wouldnt' have time to date anyone anyway. And secondly, I'm pretty happy with how things are going with the people I met while I was on vacation. Here's where things stand:
-Mr. D and I talk every day, some times a few times. And we text back and forth throughout the day as well. He's mentioned possibly coming up here to see me, which I would be thrilled about. He's very sweet, and I've very much enjoyed getting to know him.
-Mr. T and I talk every few days. Sometimes by phone, sometimes by instant message on the computer. He's been busy with work and some legal stuff in regards to his kids. I'm wondering if things are settling into a good friendship rather than a dating kind of situation. He doesn't seem interested quite as much as he did before.
-Mr. L and I talk every week or so. There are text messages here and there.
-Mr. N and I text here and there, but I knew before I left Tucson this was just a friendship situation.
-Mr. B falls into the category of "won't date again but wouldnt mind being frineds with". The 2 other first dates that I had in UT (that I didnt' even get to blog about) also fall into this category...or maybe in just a plain "won't date again, period" category. That would be Mr. S and Mr. J.
And that concludes the soap opera known as the life of Jori! LOL
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








1 comment:
I love that you are back at blogging! I've missed you. Tell the kids "Hey!" and move to Tucson! I think 94% certain) that Dave and I will be moving to AZ in a year! WOO HOO for being in the same state!
Post a Comment