Monday, September 29, 2008

Don't take it for granted...

I'm busy reflecting a lot today. It's been an interesting weekend - full of ups and downs. I got news yesterday that one of my friends husband passed away. It was shocking news, even though he was an older man and has struggled with some health issues for the last few years. Today, I get the news that another friends husband passed away. He was only about 28...(and leaves behind his wife and two daughters (6 and 4).

Take a moment - SOON, NOW! - to tell the people in your life that you love them. Take the moments with your parents, your children, family and friends to hug and to touch - to be connected to people. It can end so quickly, and we all take it for granted way too often.

Let me take a moment to tell you all how much I value your friendship. How much I am grateful for you in my life. How much I enjoy being connected to you, knowing you, talking to you, sharing my life with you. I wish that I lived closer, had more time, could see you all every day and have that hug, that touch, that time...

Value what most needs valuing. The "stuff" in our lives don't mean as much as the people. We (me included) need to remember that much much more often...

3 comments:

Flee said...

Wow. that is such sad news. I'm so sorry for your friends. Thanks for the great advice, sad that it takes a slap in the face to remind us.

Steve and Chelle said...

you are so sweet!!! we all love you too, and also wish that you were closer!!!

sorry about your friends. :*(

Tina said...

It seems like they are being taken so young these days. Sorry for your loss. And thanks for the reminder of what really is important.