Monday, September 22, 2008

Bad blogger

So I haven't been a very good blogger type person lately...but don't feel bad - I haven't done much of anything lately! Except the Puyallup Fair!

I think going to the fair is one of my favorite things to do. I love this time of year - especially when the weather holds out and we don't get rain there. This was my 6th year in a row going - and it gets better and better every time. Mainly because I've gotten to know more and more people every time. I started a few years back working with one of the free shows - Travis Fox, the hypnotist. Mom is always here at that time - both for my bday and for the fair, so she helps work with him too. We do some general meet and greet type stuff, hand out things, help sell stuff after the show - just a "whatever you need" kinda job. This year we were able to go more often than we have in any of the previous years, and it was just a blast. We're exhausted, and glad it's over, but also sad it's over. In many ways, the people that work at the fair are one big family... It's hard to let them all go at the end, knowing it will be a year before you get to see them again.

Other than that, well...there is no other than that! The last few days mom and I have been going early and coming home late. We've not made it to bed before 1 am the last few days, and we've had to be up by 6:30. Mom's sleeping in this morning (no fair!) and I'm getting kids off and ready for school. I think it will be the kinda day where I skip basketball and take a nap instead. Especially since it's nice and dark grey out, raining, providing the perfect napping conditions. *giggle*

2 comments:

Tifany said...

It's good to hear from you!!! I wondered if you'd dropped off the face of the earth. Glad you are having a great time!

Flee said...

I love all of your stories. I want more though. I want to see pictures! and don't act like you don't have any! PICTURES! PICTURES! PICTURES! (said in a chanting rhythm) *muah*