I am either doing SO great that the Lord has seen fit to bless me with more learning and growth, or I'm totally failing and I'm in trouble for something or other.
I got up in a great mood this morning. Ready for a long, busy, hard working day. I had great plans for all the errands I needed to run and the things I needed to do to begin getting ready for vacation in a few days. One of the things I have to do before I leave is pay the bills. I log in to my bank site, where I do all my bill paying and my account is overdrawn by about $250! Yup, I am your newest victim of debit card fraud - or whatever you'd call it. Someone got the numbers off of my card and used it in a few places - one of which was to buy a $650 plane ticket!! I am out just over a thousand dollars. And I can't pay my bills. GRRRRRR
I spent all day working on things - between calling the bank, getting and printing email paperwork, filling it out and faxing it back, making more phone calls...The long and the short of it is that the bank will submit the dispute of charges to MasterCard, who will take it from there I guess...In the meantime I get a provisionary credit to my account (I'm not 100% sure exactly what that entails). Hopefully that will come in tomorrow so I can pay bills before I leave. My debit card has been canceled, so I can't use it on my trip.
I suppose, it could be worse, somehow...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








3 comments:
Isn't that the worst?? We've been in your boat on this one. It isn't any fun. We did end up getting all of our money back, but no one was ever caught as far as we know. This crime isn't a priority with the police dept. But it is difficult going without a debit card for those days while everything is "processing".
Well, look on the bright side. Just let me know what it is, will ya? Just kidding!! Love you!
Oh no!! I hate theives! It all goes back to that rule in kindergarten: keep your hands to your(freaking)self. If it's not yours, don't touch it! It's just so inconsiderate and awful to me. I hope everything gets resolved without too much headache. Have fun on your trip!
That is just awful. I hope you get all your money back and that they catch who did it. I hope you have a fantastic trip and don't let those stupid thieves ruin your fun.
Post a Comment