I didn't end up going to the dance here in town on Friday night. There were a few reasons, mainly though because I had better things to do. =) Some friends and I had rented movies from the night before that we didn't get to watch, and wanted to watch that night. One of those friends was leaving town the next morning, and we wanted to have the chance to play around all of us together. And lastly because we were all at the beach and had so much fun we didn't get home in time for me to go. All of that coupled with the whisperings I've heard throughout the year that our SA dances aren't all that great...
I did however go to the temple yesterday. As always it was beautiful, peaceful, and right where I needed to be. There was a group of 7 single adults there. They were all at least 10 years older than me...From the temple we went to dinner, which was nice. Some fun people. From there, I went to the "mid-singles" game night. BOY! What a surprise! There was about 30-40 people there! It is an activity where kids are welcome (which is good to know for next time) and there were tons of things to do. They had balls and toys for the kids, and tons of different board games and basketballs and such for the adults. I ended up playing "Battle of the Sexes" board game most of the night with some fun people. They were all very friendly, and I felt very comfortable, even though they all seemed to know eachother. I am wishing that that particular group of people lived closer so that the activities are closer...
All in all, a very fun night. Now, to take the toothpicks out of my eyes and head for church. I don't think I made it to bed till about 2!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








1 comment:
Let me know if you decide to go to game next month. I'll meet you there. I'm glad you went and had fun. I've always been single and I'm just now learning that it's not as scary as I thought it would be going to the SA stuff.
Post a Comment