Yup. That's what the judge said. It is over. Done. No more.
And, while there is sad part of it all - for what was, what used to be, what could have been - there is mostly a relief that it's over. No more paperwork, no more stress over getting it done. And a large part of excitement over what is ahead of me.
I explained to my mom today that it's like my life is "under construction". So much is changing, has changed or will be changing.
On that note - I had a job interview today! It kinda fell in my lap, and I may run with the opportunity, or I might not - we'll see. It is for a receptionist job for a friend of a friend who has a business that is needing all sorts of organization. Chris and Molly are going to be working for him too - so it's almost a family company! LOL The problem lies in that he might (or might not) need someone as early as next week! I told him of my vacation plans, but also let him know that I'd be willing to come home early (late July/early Aug) if he could wait that long. He wasn't sure exactly what/when he needed, and is taking the weekend to kinda figure some things out and will call me on Monday. I'm excited and nervous all at once. It kinda happened fast - and I wasn't even looking! But - it would be a great opportunity for me, especially since I haven't worked in 13 years! He's already ready to hire me, and it doesn't seem to matter that I haven't had a job in that long. Where else would I find that? Nothing is for sure yet - but, as I said - my life is under construction (which is kind of a funny analogy because this job would be for a construction company!) hehe
Also, my in laws (ex in laws I guess...) bailed on me this weekend. Sue isn't feeling so good from the latest round of Chemo, and needs to be resting. I totally understand that - but I was really really looking forward to having the weekend off. Especially THIS weekend. It won't be that bad actually - I've made arrangements for tomorrows temple/dinner/game night trip so that I can still go. I just had scheduled a few apointments for Monday and Tuesday, since the kids were gone. Now, Austin will just have to babysit a little. And - now they'll be home to help pack for the trip! We may even leave a day or two early...or maybe not. That is only a few days away!!! YIKES!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








4 comments:
Umm, what does one say in this situation. Congratulations?
The job opportunity sounds great! If it's meant to be he'll wait for you!
I'm sorry that Sue is feeling ill. I'm glad that you were able to make other arrangements so that you could have fun this weekend. :)
I'm glad it all went smoothly, and that all the I's were dotted, so you didn't have to wait any longer. Hope you have a fun weekend!
Hey, good luck on the job opportunity!!!! You know that whatever works out is what He knows you need. You are doing great with taking everything in stride. He has the blue print. You just get to see the progress as some doors close in one room & another one opens to a whole different wing! Just think of the "mansion" He is helping you to build!
Love you!
Good luck with the Job! I hope it works out for you. You are the best. Have fun on your trip!
Post a Comment