Wednesday, June 25, 2008

more updates

Ok - so I've been a really bad blogger lately. I'm sorry about that, but I do have a bunch of excuses! =)

As of now, it looks like we are not moving after all. Things with the house have not turned out as well as we'd need them to in order to sell it, and we couldn't rent it for enough to cover the payments on it. Esentially, we're stuck here - but I'm not upset about it. There is a part of me that wanted to stay anyway. =) And, as I've learned over the past year, I've just put my trust in the Lord, and let him shape my future.

So - rather than move, I'll be taking my yearly trip to UT/AZ. I am very much looking forward to going, and can't wait to get going!

But, here is the best news of all. The divorce hearing is on Friday! The paperwork is finished, signed and turned in. I have to be to the court house at 8:15 am (ICK!) and then it's a done deal. I'm nervous! I've never been to court before. They assure me it's easy, no big deal. The judge will just ask a few questions (I have to talk to him?!?) and the lawyer will be with me (so comforting to have an esential stranger!). After almost a full year of trying to get the paperwork done, it is hard to believe that it is over. It is so nice to have that burden off of my shoulders.

This weekend will be interesting. The divorce hearing is on Fri morning. The kids go with their grandparents on Friday afternoon for a trip to the Ocean, then a overnight stay at the new Great Wolf Lodge. I'm going to attend my first singles activities this weekend - a temple trip and dinner afterwards. I'm both totally excited and totally nervous to start this new phase of my life. I'm ready to meet new people, new friends. I've been "single" for a year now. It's very weird though to think of being on a date...I don't know how to date! LOL

So there ya have it - the latest updates on me! We're off to have a full, fun, summer day!

3 comments:

Tina said...

I know this whole thing has been SO frustrating for you. But for what it's worth, I'm glad you're staying.
Here's my dating advice...date the rich, but marry for love. HAHA!

Julie Siegel said...

Nice, hitting up the SA Activity the day after your dicorce in final! I like it.

Anonymous said...

Good for you! Does that trip to Arizona/Utah include a detour to California by any chance?? Hope we get to see you!