So - we all know I have great intentions for blogging...I just am not so good at the follow through. *sigh*
I intend to document Hawaii, and fill you all in on the fun I had. I took TONS of pictures, so eventually (ha ha) there should be picture loaded posts.
Since being home, I've taken off with great speed at catching up on life and the many balls I'm juggling. Hans and I (that's the almost ex, in case I hadn't ever said his name...) had a good sit down on Tuesday and got a lot of things hammered out. I can't say it all went GREAT, but it was productive and we go a lot dealt with. I have to get a bunch of stuff to the lawyers, ask some more questions, hammer a few more things out with Hans and then we should be set.
I've also made an oil change appointment for my car, an appointment for meeting a realtor for selling the house, made the kids dentist appointments for the ones I missed the day before I left for Hawaii (oops!), have Brian's orthodontist appointment today...on top of a whole bunch of other stuff.
Yesterday was spent in the ER (I think I'll just move to the hospital...). Tuesday Austin hurt his knee pretty bad on the trampoline. I was gone at the time (it was Hans's time with the kids). Apparently he was hopping up onto it (someone lost our step stool...) and landed just wrong on the inside of his right knee, right on the metal bar of the trampoline. Over the rest of the day it didn't get any better. He hobbled around, limping. Bending it seemed fine, but he couldn't (still can't) straighten it out at all - it makes him cry. For a kid with a pretty high pain tolerance, I was concerned. I told him to sleep on it, rest it up and see how it is in the morning. No changes...and he wanted to go to the doctors. I figure, it's a knee - pretty complicated set of bones/tendons/ligaments - and if screwed up and not fixed could be a potential problem for a long while. So, I call in. Turns out (I should know better by now!) that they don't give out regular doctor appointments for injuries that will most likely need an xray. They want me to go to the ER. *sigh* I tried, sort of, to convince Austin that it could wait a few days and see how it felt, but ultimately said it was his pain level and he had to tell me if it was worth the ER trip or not. All in all, the xrays were clean, no breaks. They called it a "deep bone bruise" and sent us home with crutches and Naproxen (glorified Motrin) for the pain/swelling. They said to just keep it rested, iced, elevated, and wait out the healing.
I'm really looking forward to the girl's luncheon we're having on Friday (is that really already tomorrow???). I've missed my friends, and feel like I'm so busy I'm barely having time to breathe lately. I'm impressed that I'm not feeling completely frazzled and crazy. Everything seems to (so far) be manageable, despite being crazy busy.
Oh yea - one last thing for now. I was reading my friend Tina's blog today, titled "Tender Mercies" and it reminded me I wanted to post about my own story of tender mercies. Yesterday, on the way home from the ER with Austin, since we were basically already in Silverdale we went up there to do an errand at the Verizon store. It ended up taking much longer than I expected (for various reasons) and we didn't get out of there until just after 3:00. I was nervous and anxious and worried about Brian walking home from school. Since he didn't know that we'd spent ALL DAY at the ER, he didn't know that Austin wouldn't be meeting him at their usual spot. Even if he figured that out and walked home alone, he'd get home and no one would be there. Since we'd switched to having no home phone, he'd not be able to call me to figure out what was going on. I was in the car, hurrying along as fast as possible with out speeding TOO fast...(5-10 over is okay when you're in a hurry, right??). Then my phone rang. It was Brian. I was shocked. Turns out, there is a lady that walks her daughter and my neighbors daughter home from school. She happened to see Brian still waiting for Austin, and offered to let him use her cell phone to call me to find out if I was coming to get him, or if he should walk home alone, or just what exactly the plan was. She'd also offered him a ride home so he didn't have to walk alone. *sigh/cry* I was able to let him know where I was, that I was on my way, and that I loved him! I am always so impressed, grateful, awed, delighted, inspired...(so many things!) to know how in tune our Father in Heaven is with our situations. I couldn't be more grateful for the tender mercies, the little tiny things, that make such a huge difference in my life.
(yes, I know I used the kids real names...It's been too long since I blogged that I forgot, and now I'm too lazy/busy to go back and change it all. So - we no longer have secret identies! LOL)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








3 comments:
Poor guy...I hope he's feeling better.
I'm glad things are slowing working out for you. Can't wait to see the Hawaii pictures!
And...I'm glad somebody's reading my blog. :)
I hate to break it to you, but you slip the kid's names in every once and a while :)
Sounds like you're handling life well Sis! You're doing so good with taking all things one step at a time! Thanks for sharing your tender mercy in the blog. It brought the spirit back for me after a frustrating moment with the kids. :) Love you sooo much!
Post a Comment