So - I have some jumbled thoughts, and since my mind is so busy trying to sort through everything I'm doing this week, it'll most likely just spill out of me in a similar jumbled up way. So - readers, beware! =)
Firstly, I am getting ready to head out for Hawaii. I've been getting ready for people to stay here (in-laws and the almost ex) and in my cleaning/organizing efforts, starting to pack things that aren't going to be in use for the next however long. My head is swimming with all the details of everything, and yet there is a over-ridding calm...
The other reason for my title today is on the spiritual side. As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord. I emailed the almost ex last night to communicate my expectations regarding alcohol being in my house while I am gone and he is staying here with the kids (and that would be that it doesn't enter the house.) He responded that he'd agree to that, but requested in return that I remove any religious materials and have them out of site. He would "just feel more comfortable if [he] didn't have to look at that stuff everywhere [he] turns while [he] is here" (italics added). *sigh*
For someone who wants so badly to be accepted for his beliefs, and not have anyone elses beliefs or ideas shoved down his throat (which is totally understandable!) he sure does his share of forcing others to (or trying to force others to) conform to how he wants things to be.
So, I responded, politely, and am now playing the waiting game on his response.
And, to fill the waiting time - it's hair cut time. Austin and Kait for sure - possibly me too!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








2 comments:
Huh. I never realized simply having spiritual or religious items around was considered shoving it in someone's face. I think that certain someone has some issues...and by issues I mean I think he might be totally nutters.
You are great. Good for you and way to be an example to your kids. When are you heading to Hawaii? and when are we gonna go tan? Are you done with that?
Post a Comment