for real? I suppose so. Yippie!! A moment to sit and breathe and just BE!
Things are going good here. I can't remember what I last updated about...I suppose I should have re-read my own stuff to know what I wrote - but I'm too lazy at the moment to go do that.
This week has been full of ups and downs. I'm so busy with life that it's surprising. One would think that I'd be used to it by now...I realized today that I've only been to play basketball with the girls a few times (like 2, maybe 3) since THANKSGIVING!! Do you know how long ago that was?? Even though it really feels like yesterday? I really miss it. I could have gone today and been late (BJ had an eye doc apt. this morning), but I needed to catch up on the "just being" time.
So, health news? I've got treatments scheduled for the 17th -I do think that is what my last update was about, so I won't ramble on about that. I start the LID (low iodine diet) and stop taking the thyroid meds on the 3rd - whee fun. Other than that, I'm healing up nicely, only feeling partially hypo currently. Should have seen me last night at Presidency meeting though...I'm sure I sounded ridiculous. I tripped over my words way too much, and didn't feel like I made a whole lot of sense in just about everything I tried to say. I couldn't even write like normal...which is bad when your the secretary and in charge of taking minutes for the meeting! Like, for example, when I tried to write that Carla Palmer was going to be a speaker at our Enrichment meeting coming up - I tried to write it Paula Calmer...and then had to stare at it for a bit to figure out why it wasn't right, and how to fix it. (and there's no way I'd publish this without a handy dandy spell checker!)
Other than health news: The kids are LOVING the new computer. Lucy is having a good time with a few little games, and the boys are enjoying using it too. I have yet to tell them I have installed Power Point...they'd asked me months ago if I had it, and I didn't at the time. I need to remember to tell them it's on here now. I guess they've both learned about it in school. I, on the other hand, have never opened the program... Maybe I'll have them give me lessons.
BJ is doing wonderful at basketball. I love going to the games. And I even love that the rest of the mom's comment that I'm loud, and the team cheerleader. I don't know for sure if they mean it in a good way or not - but what is wrong for cheering for your kid? Or the rest of the team for that matter?? I think I've mentioned before that I go to all the practices partially so I can learn all the names of the kids on the team. I'll cheer for them, even if their parents won't!
Gabe is going to be 12 in 2 months...how in the world did it come so quickly??? I've been counting down for a year I suppose...mystified the whole time that it could ever come - but in 2 more months...it can't be here already!! I have no idea what to do for him for his birthday. He's at that lovely stage where he's not really a kid - but not a grown up either. Toys really don't cut it - but there's no way he's getting a laptop computer, a PSP, or any other high tech, expensive gadget that's on his list either! Any good ideas what to get a 12 year old boy??
And little Lucy...she'll be 6 in 2 months too! Wasn't I just pregnant with her?? How is it possible for time to fly so fast? She has really taken off in the learning department this year. I have struggled with her for 5 years to get her to enjoy learning - or even just LEARN! lol We work often on counting and reading, and practicing her sight words. She likes taking her turn reading the scriptures every morning. I have her read the words she knows (the, and, of, etc) and have her repeat the ones she doesn't. Some of the other little words that aren't on her sight word list yet, like did or for, I have her try to sound out, but they aren't focusing on phonics so much at school, so that is hard for her - although she has shown improvement in that too. I'm beginning to worry less about her in school.
So - another book written, are you bored to tears yet?
To my friends that I haven't had much time for lately...(especially the one who called to catch up with me last night while I was making dinner, and I had to cut her short since I had chicken goo all over my hands and had to have dinner in the oven on time so I could go to Pres meeting and the boys could get to scouts)...I do love you - and miss talking with you. I'm sorry I'm such a busy mess at the moment. Please forgive my lack of attention to you as I struggle with keeping my life, my mind and my family together. I haven't forgotten you, I just don't have the time to keep up with everything.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








2 comments:
I'm tagging you! You'll need to check out my blog to see the details!
In other news... I'm planning a trip to your neck of the woods in May. We'll be up there around May 5. Can we see you????
hey you. glad to see you're doing ok now. how are you feeling except for the spazzy moments? will you be around on saturday at all?
Post a Comment