Thursday, February 14, 2008

Happy Valentine's Day!

To all you sweethearts out there - I hope you have had a wonderful day - and that you truley treasure what you have. Don't take it for granted.

Today has been a decent day. I expected it to be much harder than it was. Turns out I didn't really even think about me. I was excited for the kids and their parties. Then Lucy came home - and was kinda on the quiet side...she didn't want lunch even. So, we cuddled up on the couch for a bit - and she felt like she was burning up. Since my thermostat is SO off still, I always second guess myself. But, the thermometor confirmed - it's a fever. Thrills! So, we spent the afternoon cuddled up on the couch. It was kinda nice actually - just me and her. I even got a bit of a nap (which never happens!).

When the boys got home from school they showed me their loot -they all 3 made out pretty good. I'm surprised how many kids give out candy with their valentines. Anyway, a bit later as we're having dinner, getting ready to be off to BJ's basketball game, Gabe says he's not all that hungry (for one of his favorite dinners). Long story short - he's got a fever too! He was mad at me that I wouldn't let him go to the basketball game...

I decided that since 2 of us are already sick and that the other 2 of us won't be far behind that tomorrow is a day off. I'm not setting the alarm clock, I'm not waking up, I'm not waking up the kids.

Also, the almost ex gets back into town tomorrow after a 2 week trip. I've enjoyed the time off from the extra stress and I'm not looking forward to having to interact with him again...but, such is I suppose...at least it isn't for too much longer since he leaves again on the 6th for 3 months.

Anyway - I hope you guys have all had a wonderful day - that you're not running a fever! - and that you treasure what you have in your life!

1 comment:

Kyle and Marci said...

Hey Sweetheart! Y'all can come over here and we can all be sick too. Kade has a fever and a way bad sore throat.

Isn't cuddling the best! I love it when my kids want to cuddle!