Isn't it amazing what a good nights sleep will do for you? Especially when it is coupled by happy children in the morning??
This morning I have a happy spirit. I couldn't tell you exactly why - seeing that there is a lot of stress in my life at the moment - but none-the-less, I am happy.
I love that our family is able to get up and read the scriptures together. We have our family prayers before hand, and then read. I'd love to say that it starts every day off just right - but when you have children to get ready to go to school (especially children that butt heads as much as my 3 do, but that's a different post...) there is no way that every day can start off "just right". I can say that reading in the mornings gives the day the spirit it should. My attitude and my mind set - my heart - are in the right place most of the time.
Anyway - this morning. My children are all happy. They are singing and dancing and playing together as they get ready for school. This is rare. This makes me happy.
I am also overwhelmingly grateful that I get to go play basketball this morning. I love getting together with the girls, getting to see people who a year ago I didn't know, but today can count as some of my closest friends. I love being able to get some exercise in, and thus be even more ready for a full day.
I suppose maybe it has something to do with Thansgiving coming closer - but I've been thinking about it all month and havne't felt like this. I don't know. It's kinda a "walking on sunshine" feeling.
So, I guess the long and the short of it is that I'm grateful to be alive. Trials and all. I could list a million things I'm grateful for, and it wouldn't be enough.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








3 comments:
I am glad that you're having a happy day! :) It sounds as if God is showing you that things will be alright! :)
Hooray for happy, grateful days. Happy Thanksgiving!
I loved that post. Thank goodness for days like that. You definitely deserve more of those. I am SO glad you play b-ball, too! Isn't it so fun? We have such a great group of women and it's an incredible work-out! You are a great player, Jori, and just fun to be around. Hope you have many more days like this one.
Post a Comment