Friday, October 10, 2008

I've been accused...

So, I've been accused of not blogging. And the verdict is in: Guilty as charged!

Things have continued to be busy around here. With mom here for just over a month, we've been keeping busy doing all sorts of things. And my dad was here too! He had to have some business meetings up at Keyport, so he got to come for a visit. He was here from Sunday to Thursday - he and mom flew home to Tucson together. While he was here the 3 of us made it over to the Eastside twice. The first time was on Monday for mom's birthday. We drove around to Edmonds where mom and I did a bit of shopping while dad had a meeting. Then we drove around the Bellevue and Kirkland areas - down memory lane! We saw the house that I grew up in (almost 15 years in the same house!!) as well as all the fun old neighborhood things we used to do. The second time we went to Seattle. We rode the ferry over and then walked around downtown, including the Pike Place Market. I love it there!!

I also failed to blog about my trip to see Phantom of the Opera!! Holy cow, what an experience!! I'd never seen it before, but man oh man, was it good!! The guy that I met while I was working at the fair (you mean I didn't blog about him either?!?) took me, and mom came along as well. It was a wonderful evening!

Ok - catching up on the guy from the fair: Mr. C . He was a security guard at the stage where mom and I worked during the fair. Since we are there all the time, we got to know each other a bit, and have continued to talk since the fair. We planned the trip to the Opera since I'd never seen it, and have always wanted to - and mom really wanted to go too! It worked out good!

I've also got a date set up for next week with Mr. J. - someone I met online. We've chatted a few times, and we're going to see the BYU dancers! (any of you going?? Maybe we'll run into you!)

As for the others - Mr. D still calls every night. If I were in AZ or he were here, we'd most likely spend quite a bit of time together. I have very much enjoyed getting to know him - and while only being able to talk on the phone isn't near what getting to know someone in person is, I have gotten to know him quite well. We've talked quite a few times about getting him up here, or me down there so that we can have some more time together, actually in person.

With all that being said, it feels so weird to be dating and getting to know so many people...There is a part of me kinda guilty. I know I've been counseled to date lots of people, it just feels weird to actually be doing it. It feels quite awkward to be upfront with people, and yet it feels wrong not to.

So, that's the latest update. And now I can plead Not Guilty of not blogging! YAY!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

It's great to hear from you! I am jealous about you being able to see Phantom of the Opera. I love the music!

Tifany said...

Sorry, "Terry" is actually me. I didn't realize his name was the identity before I sent it.

sariqd said...

WHAT? You guys were in EDMONDS and didn't visit me? Oh... you didn't know that I um... live there? Well, now you do so no excuses next time! ;-)

Flee said...

I loved Pike's Market too! So much fun! Keep up the good postings, I really do enjoy reading about your life. I miss you. Tell the chillins I say HI!

Julie Siegel said...

Um, yeah. You were in Kirkland? Did you how TRASHY my house is???!!! I feel like knocking on their door and asking them if they are aware that the carport is not another room in the house, therefore should NOT have a couch placed in it.