Thursday, October 16, 2008

Our Colombus Day Holiday

The kids didn't have school on Monday - it was Colombus Day. I've been wanting to take them to a corn maze/pumpkin patch type place this year. It is something we've never done, and I've always wanted to do. I realized over the weekend though that with Hans coming home this week that I wouldn't have another weekend with the kids till after Halloween (I'm being nice and letting him have 2 in a row since he's been gone so long, and is busy the next weekend). So - it turned out perfectly that Monday was a day off school! We had a blast! We did a corn maze, pumpking patch, slides, monster truck rides - it was a very cool farm! We also got to visit a fish hatchery, buy a fresh out of the water salmon and BBQ it up. It was a very very fun day!!

And - don't be too surprised - I took pictures, AND I'm posting them to the blog within the week of the event!!! Miracle of miracles!!








This is what the corn maze was shapped to be - it was 13 acres!! A total blast! We took walkie talkie type radios so the boys could run through on their own and not get too lost.



2 comments:

Tifany said...

It IS a miracle!! Good job, Jori! Cool big truck. The maze looked fun. How long did it take you to make it through?

Tina said...

That place is WAY better than the one we went to. We're going THERE next year...it's probably closer too!