Monday, October 20, 2008

My busy weekend

So - after totally dreading my first weekend without my kids (did I mention that Hans is home now? yea...he is. Lucky me.) it turned out that it all went way better than I'd expected it to. I made lots of plans, and kept pretty busy, and I did just fine. :)

I dropped the kids off at school Friday morning and headed out to spend the day with Mr. C. We had some general plans to spend the day together, but didn't have any specifics in mind. Turns out, we don't need specifics. We spent the day running around, visited and walked through a beautiful park, played on a playground, went to NW Trek, and did some general sight seeing. It was a wonderful day. Here are some pictures. (Twice in one week I've gotten pictures loaded on to the blog within a week of taking them! Wa hoo!)







Saturday was our stake (well, tri-stake) Single Adult conference. After going to the SA (single adult) dance last month, where I was the only one there that was under 50 or 60 (and there were only 10 people...) I was kinda dreading going to the conference. I'd promised myself that I'd go though so that I could support the SA program. Besides that, I didn't have anything else going on that day anyway, and I figured I'd try it out. It was very well advertised, and I'm friends with one of the people in charge of putting it on, and I wanted to support her too. So, I went. It started at 8:30 in the morning, and (including the dance) went to 11 pm. I met a lot of fun people - again mostly older people - but they were a lot of fun. The classes and speakers were wonderful. During dinner, I noticed a friend of mine (my age even!) sitting with a group of other people my age, so I went up to say hello. Turns out that they were heading out to meet a group of mid-singles in Seattle for a haunted house activity and invited me to join them. They were car pooling and had room for me. Since the kids weren't coming back till the morning, I decided to be brave and join them! I'm so glad I did!! I'm not one for haunted houses - well, I'd never done one before so I didn't really know if I was or not - I could take it or leave it, but it was pretty cool. But the best part was seeing almost 50 people around my age. I'd gotten to feel like I was the only one in the area in my situation. And while I didn't meet any one from Port Orchard, I did meet 5 people from Bremerton, which is close enough for me! And, I found out about some more fun activities that are going on that the group is going to! After the haunted house we went to dinner/dessert at the Cheesecake Factory. I didn't get home till about 2 am!!

It was a great weekend! Over way too fast. But - Hans has the kids again this weekend and I've got some more plans that ought to keep me busy again. But first - I have to get through the busy week!

2 comments:

Tifany said...

Good job with posting these pics. I love that last picture! Where do you find all your energy, anyway?

Tina said...

You are such a party animal! ;)

I'm so glad the conference turned out better than you thought it might.

Love the NW Trek!