Why does there always have to be something to knock you off the horse after you get back up on it??
So - I've been busy lately. Partly from being getting stuff done, and partly from doing stuff to distract me from everything that has to be done. As the days come closer and closer for me to go on my vacation, I get more and more overwhelmed with all that I'm currently doing...
It's pretty much final that I'm moving to Arizona. Hopefully that will happen this summer - but there is a whole list of things that will have to work just perfectly for that to happen. Part of me has the faith that the pieces will just fall into place and it will just work - the other part of me says that it is completely IMPOSSIBLE for THAT many pieces to fall so perfectly into place...
I've also been getting a lot of questions about my divorce situation. No - it isn't final yet. I know, I know...pick your mouths up off the floor. Yes, I'm still dealing with that part of my life. No, the paperwork isn't finished yet. But, there is light at the end of the tunnel. I've pretty much decided to hire an attorney to do the paperwork for me. It will still be an uncontested divorce, where the almost ex and I still have to discuss and agree on everything - but we've basically got that finished up anyway - just a little is left on that. The paperwork is the hardest part. It is seriously (SERIOUSLY!) worse than filing your taxes. If anyone is curious - just ask - I have a whole binder full of paperwork you can look at. Anyway - I'm hoping that by hiring an attorney will relieve some of that stress and worry, and that the paperwork will get done (while I'm in Hawaii!!) and that the divorce can get finalized and what ever the new normal is will finally begin!
I've been doing some work on my house lately too - putting things away in a box here or there that I won't use, kinda cleaning and organizing and getting mentally ready. I am finding that I become very easily overwhelmed, and that walking into a room to do some work can lead to a almost panic attack at times. If I let my mind start to think about packing, which then leads to thoughts about moving, which leads to the details of moving (including money, which is a whole 'nother ball game!) which then leads to thoughts about selling a house (which is overwhelming just on it's own) and that can lead around to the divorce part of things, and paperwork, lawyers, conversations, agreements, visitation...the list seems to go on - and I can end up circling right back to the beginning and start all over again. With so many "pots on the stove" I don't know which one needs stirring when, or which is just about to boil over.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








3 comments:
How can I help?? Seriously. Let me know!
Love those quotes. Thanks!
Yay for a lawyer...wish I would have. That will be the best thing you ever did.
You are trying to take on too much. One day at a time girl!!!
Okay, I'll stop complaining about my mental/emotional stress--you're up to your eyeballs, you poor thing! I wish I could help you... Um... I'm a good listener--bring it on! :) Good luck!
Post a Comment