Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Increased Dosage

YAY!!!

I had my 6 week blood work done on Friday to check my thyroid levels from being on the medications so that they could tell if I was getting enough of the thyroid horomone or not. I could have told them I wasn't. hehe. I probably told all of you I wasn't. The doc called today to inform me that he needs to increase my dose! YAY!! I'm so thrilled! I've never been more happy to be on medication! I'm curious to know how much he upped it - I'll have to let you know tomorrow when I pick it up. And - I'm really glad that it's getting upped before my trip. I really wanted to be feeling more "normal" before I left.

On another note - Molly has been trying to get me to go tanning before I leave so that while I'm gone spending so much time in the sun I won't fry. I found us some "1 week free" coupons for a place in town, so we went! I was a tanning virgin before tonight, so I was a bit nervous to go. Plus, I have such fair skin I didn't want to burn. And, I really don't want to look like a fake and bake pumpkin either... Overall it was no big deal. Just lay there for 8 minutes and then get up and go. Molly has different skin than me, so she goes for longer. We saw Marci there too! We're gonna all try and go together tomorrow.

2 comments:

John and Laura said...

I'm glad that the docs finally figured out what you have known all along. I hope you start feeling better--soon! Good luck!

Mandy said...

My worst sunburn was from a tanning bed...and I went with Rachel...my bum was so burnt...OUCH!!!