Tuesday, April 29, 2008

April 5th??

Really? That was the last time I blogged?? I knew it had been a while, and I knew I felt behind - but WHOA!

So - a quick catch up of the month, now that it's the 29th...

We had a good spring break - which was covered a few post ago (the zoo trip).

I had a good surgery follow up appointment - everything looking good on the scar, although it is a little more irritated than she would like, but I get to go back again in a few more weeks to have it checked out again.

I took the kids to the Puyallup Spring Fair on Friday the 18th. It was military get in free day. It was also WASL testing in school, so I waited till after lunch/testing to take the kids out of school. I figured they deserved a break after all the hard stuff we've been through lately. We had a BLAST. What a wonderful day. I took my camera, pulled it out to get some fun pictures - and it says "no memory card"...I'd left it sitting on my desk after uploading pictures to the computer for blogging...SEE! I shouldn't post pictures! LOL So - no pictures of the fair. But we saw so many fun things. There was the Dock Dogs and Steve the Pretty Good (a magician who we saw last year at the fair and HAD to see again!). We of course had cotton candy and kettle corn. It was COLD out, and even SNOWED, but overall it was a wonderful day with my kids.

April 19th was Gabe's 12th b-day - we spent it with friends, just hanging out and playing games. He spent the night with some buddies and woke up to a wonderful Molly breakfast and a lazy, enjoyable, fun day.

Next came my trip to the vet for my dog Cody. Long story short, he has diabetes and now has to have insulin injections every day...It has been an interesting adventure.

The kids have been slightly sick, general cold type, for the last week or so, and this weekend I decided to catch it myself - only it hit me pretty hard. I spent Saturday on the couch - and most of Sunday too. Which, I'm sad to say, was Lucy's birthday. She kinda got jipped this year. I meant to decorate the house all up with streamers and balloons, but I just didn't have it in me. I did get presents wrapped and cake made - so it wasn't all bad, it just wasn't as great as I wanted it to be for her.

And that, I believe, catches us up for the month!

16 more days till I leave for my trip that I haven't really said much about. I'm excited, and not, all at the same time. I'm sad about leaving the kids for 2 weeks - I've never been gone from them for more than a weekend! And I'm nervous about all the logistics with the almost ex staying at the house while I'm gone. Then there is all the stuff I need to get done...it seems an ever growing list! But I am excited. I know I'll have a wonderful time, I know the kids will be fine. But I can't help but be a small part worry wart...

1 comment:

Tina said...

Jori, I haven't talked to you forever, it seems like. Sorry, just doing the life thing.
I cannot believe it's May already...it just doesn't feel right. Isn't it supposed to be like 80° or something.
It sounds like you've been keeping busy and doing lots of fun things with your kids.
We'll have to get together before you leave! And before Marci leaves us, too.