So - I've jumped. With both feet.
Let me explain. I was approached last week by a friend of mine, who saw a great opening for a business opportunity for me. The time was perfect because 3/5 contracts were canceled, which leaves an opening for me to jump in and get one. But I had to act fast. So - this week, I've done A LOT of stepping out of my comfort zone. I have wonderful friends that have helped me along the way, every step of the way.
I have created a resume (and for anyone who knows me, knows how much I DREAD this task).
I have created a business, a LLC. I have registered it with the state. I have a UBI # and a EIN #. I have the beginnings of a website. I have a company logo (which I designed!):
The long version of the story (because there really isn't a short version) is that I am going to be a "Community Choice Guide". I am going to have contracts with the state to serve clients. These clients will be elderly people who need to transition, for one reason or another, out of a nursing home and into another living situation (Assisted Living, Adult Family Homes, or moving in with family members). They need help with this transition, with finding an appropriate place to go, with getting there, etc. That is where I come in.
So - that's what I'm gonna be doing. I've jumped in. I've done all this, and today I am sending my packet of information to the Department of Social and Health Services (DSHS) and crossing my fingers that they like what they find in my resume, my company information and my business plan. And that they choose to give me a contract.
I am fairly confident. I feel that Heavenly Father has presented me with a wonderful opportunity. To be able to work and provide income for my family, while choosing my hours and being able to be here for my kids. For an opportunity to run a business that I can hire my kids to work from, so that they too can make money.
The prayers are said. The work is done. The email packet has been sent. The fingers are crossed. Hopefully I don't have to wait too long to hear back...that is the killer for me. I'm sure I will be anxiously checking my email constantly.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









1 comment:
Wow < Jori, Congrats! That's wonderful! I hope it all is exactly what you want/need. Sure love you and hope it all goes just perfect!
Post a Comment