So, I've noticed that for November I've only posted a few blogs...wow. I really have intended to write more...
Things have been pretty busy around here. And honestly, while they are uber busy, it's not a whole lot to write about. It seems we've fallen into a routine of daily life that leads to being busy, but not all that exciting! Austin has bball practice every day after school. Brian has bball practice every Tuesday after school. They have scouts and mutual, and homework...I have presidency meetings, and general mom stuff...
Turkey Day was good yesterday - and I'm currently putting up Christmas (but taking a break). Hans has the kids for the whole weekend. He picked them up from school on Wed. and will be bringing them back on Sunday evening. He took them out to Ocean Shores to his dad and step mom's house. I went over to Chris and Molly's house, as I do every year. We also went by Chris's brothers house to see some more of the family, and then headed over to Kirkland to see Molly's family. We went and saw the new 007 movie - which was really good, if you like that kind of stuff.
I am so grateful for such good friends. Especially yesterday, where I got to be involved with two different families, neither of which were MY family - and yet I fit in as if I were. I have known both families since I was little, and it has been wonderful to be a close part of them - to where I call the mom's Mom and the dad's Dad. It made yesterday SO much better than I expected it would be. Honestly, Wednesday was a hard day for me. I dreaded the holiday. I didn't want to be with out my kids. I didn't want to be without my family (who all were together in AZ - even my sister from Utah got to go, and my grandparents from CA!) Wednesday evening I was being a party pooper, and really just wanted to stay in bed all weekend. Molly pulled me out of it, and persisted in dragging me around with her, despite my cranky weepy mood...
Thursday, I woke up with a good attitude, back to being happy. It helped that my period started! I'd never been so grateful for the start of that lovely monthly event. It meant that I wouldn't be PMS-y for the holiday, which I knew was part of my problem on Wed...Who knew that that would end up on the top of my "I'm grateful for..." list this year.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








No comments:
Post a Comment