I can't believe it's been 2 weeks since I've blogged! Things have been so busy around here it's hard to keep everything straight! I've been doing good at keeping my facebook account updated, but not so great at the blog thing.
The kids and I had a wonderful Halloween weekend! Chuck (who was previously called Mr. C) came out for the weekend, stayed at Chris and Molly's house. We had a fun Halloween night, dressed up and took the kids to the trunk or treat. Made out with a decent stash (but not as much a previous years - YAY! LOL) Then we went back to the house for our annual watching of "Icabod Crane". Saturday morning we got up early and went on a road trip to Sequim. We did a lot of touristy sightseeing things and also attended a "berry battle". A friend of a friend owns a black berry farm, and once the cold weatehr moves in the berries aren't good for harvesting anymore. So, they throw a party - and throw berries! This years pictures aren't posted, but here is a link to some previous years pictures. It was a total blast, and not something that I plan to miss next year!
Sunday Chuck came to church with us. It couldn't have gone better if I had written a script for every person that he talked to...He'll be coming again this week, and is quite happy with everything he's learning so far. I couldn't be happier about that. :)
The kids are doing well in school - parent teacher conferences were good. It was interesting to go to a jr. high conference! They organize it quite well, I was impressed. Ausitn is, as always, getting all A's. Brian is doing good, although has started to slack a little and I have to remember to remind him more often about assignments. Austin has me spoiled. Kait is doing good too! She's improving on a lot of things that have always been a struggle for her, and I'm excited that her teacher has an interest in helping her, more than her previous teacher did.
Basketball season has started as well. Brian is on a intermural team for the school and currently only has practice/scrimage games once a week. Austin just spent the last week doing basketball tryouts for the school and the team list was posted yesterday - HE MADE THE TEAM!! It sounds like he'll be having practice every day after school, and sometimes on Saturdays! Can you say "HOLY BUSY SCHEDULE"? But - I love it. Watching the boys play basketball is one of my favorite things to do. It is something that I get to share with them, something I know something about! LOL
And with that, I'm off to start another busy weekend! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








No comments:
Post a Comment