And I haven't even played in months!
Both of the boys are playing basketball now. I LOVE it! But - it makes schedules crazy! And, right now there is only practice going on - no games yet! Austin made the Jr. High team (I can't remember if I said that already or not). I'm so excited for him! He really deserves it! He's exhausted at the end of the day - they practice every day for almost 2 hours after school!! Games start next week, and I believe that there are only 6 of them - 3 each with the other two Jr. Highs in the area.
Brian is playing in the after school 5th and 6th grade team. For right now any 5th or 6th grader that wants to play basketball is allowed to play. From this group the coach will make a team of about 10-12 guys to play in a tournament against all the other elementary schools in the area. Austin got to do this last year as a 6th grader. It's pretty fun. Practice is only one day a week (thank goodness!) and will go on until just before Christmas when Coach will pick the team members. The tournament games won't be till early Feb. I guess - so basketball will go on for a while for Brian.
So while basketball isn't really RUNNING my life, it sure has made it more busy! I can't complain though, because I really do like it. I was hoping to attend more of Austin's practices (or any of them for that matter...seeing as I haven't gotten to go to even one yet). I have, however, made it to all of Brian's, and have gotten to know the kids on the team. It is fun to watch them learn and grow over the season!
So - between both boys being in scouts/mutual and basketball, my RS calling, kids having school, having an ex to coordinate schedules with, a house to keep up on, and dates to go on - I'm swamped!
Speaking of dates - things with Chuck have been going really well. He's been to church 3 weeks in a row with me and has loved every minute. It seems the talks and the lessons are meant just for him. I have never been very involved in missionary work - I don't like to feel that I'm cramming anything down anyone's throat - but I have never met someone who seems like they have been primed for the gospel, that they are just WAITING for it to come into their lives. I've heard people tell stories like that - but to see that in action...it's fascinating!! He's made the decision to be baptized, but has some personal things to work out before that happens. I am so happy for him!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








1 comment:
Yeah Chuck!!!
Does it surprise you that you're so busy?? I don't ever remember you NOT being busy. Tell Austin I'm happy for him. I'm glad Brian is enjoying the game, too! Soooooo are you playing basketball, too?
Post a Comment