I can't beleive it's been 6 months since I've posted anything...what a lazy slacker I am! I once again fell into the procrastination side..."I'm so behind, there's too much to catch up on...so I'll not post"
I've been meaning to write for some time - but things just keep getting in the way and I don't ever know where to start after not writing for so long...
So - we'll just start over. With the now.
Chuck and I found our new house in Spanaway! After looking at house after house we finally found one that we both like enough to say yes to! It's about 10 minutes from his work. A 3 bedroom, 2 bathroom on 1.25 acres, on a 4 house cul-de-sac. A quiet, beautiful neighboorhood. Official move in date is the 20th, however we're allowed to start putting stuff into the garage, so I'm making a lot of trips back and forth taking the non-esentials down there. I've even met 2 of the 3 neighbors already!! Very nice people so far!
And, for those that haven't heard yet - the wedding is on the 1st of August!! We're still nailing down some of the details (and I'm still going back and forth between boycotting the whole weeding idea, and really liking the idea of putting it on...) We're keeping it kinda small and simple. I'm determined to not spend money - or as very little as possible! So far we're only into it $30 for paper products (cups, forks, plates, napkins) and some drink mixes. We've got a ways to go - but so far so good! :) My status on my Facebook page kinda says it all:
Jori Carter has decided today that the stress level is managable (as opposed to last week when it was completly UNmanagable, and worthy of tantrum throwing!)
This doesn't mean that I'll change my mind back though - I seem to travel between managable and unmanagable several times a day. Overall, it's all falling into place - but being slightly OCD about some things and having SO many things to be in charge of all at once - so many things to do (Add in that Austin has scout camp next week, so there's that to pack and get ready for too).
I'm so excited to have our house situation figured out. I hate that I'll be leaving Port Orchard...there are so many people that I'll miss...I love my friends here. I love my ward here. I love my neighbors here. But I can't wait to get out of this house. I've been stuck in here for 2 years too long, and getting out of it will be such a relief. And starting my life with Chuck - I really can't wait!!
So - I think that's it for now. Maybe I'll use the blog as an excuse to sit down and take a break for a bit! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








2 comments:
John and I are very sad you are leaving. We are going to really miss your kids in YM and primary. Such great kids! And they have such a great mom! We will miss you.
We're so excited for this next step, though. Good luck with everything and let me know if we can help in any way.
CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR WEDDING!!! I had no idea! I'm so happy and excited for you! I can't wait to see pictures of your new house and your new life.
Post a Comment