I'm finding it funny how life works out sometimes...
Backtracking a little to tell the story properly. I got home from my trip to AZ Tuesday evening. I took Wed off so that I could have a day to get the house back in order and get ready to go back to the normal routine. Wednesday went good, got lots done and enjoyed my time - however I got to feeling very overwhelmed at all that needed to be done, and finding myself not being able to be successful at being "super mom". Having to go to work the next morning, rather than be home to get things accomplished somehow got the better of me and I had a rough go of it for a while. Thursday morning - I awake in a great mood. Having thought a lot about schedules and work and kids and chores and all the other things I need to be doing in a day, I'd figured out how to make things work a little bit better, and I felt really good about how to do it all, and not be so overwhelmed. Friday - I find out that even though my boss loves having me there at work, he really can't afford the extra help. Even though he needs the extra help, he has to let me go.
Now, I find myself (still, 3 days later) full of conflicted emotions about the whole thing! I'm estatic that I have more time in my day - that I can get the things done that need to be done. However, I'm sad about the loss of the job. The money part of course is a bummer, but more than that, I'd finally figured out how to make it all work - and work well! - and now it's gone. I had been enjoying the challenge, and the experience and learning. In a way, it feels like a huge blessing - the relief of stress is wonderful...
So - today, my first day of unemployment, and I tackle a TON! I'm completely exhausted, but very satisfied with everything I accomplished. Bathrooms, check. Kitchen, check (even swept, mopped, and hand washed all the baseboards!). Costco, check. Grocery store, check (I dont' think I'd done a full trip for 2 months!) Loading and unloading the car multiple times... My arms are sore! But I got so much accomplished!
So - I'm not working anymore, and I can't keep up this do-it-all-in-one-day routine. I need a girls day lunch or something! Who's game??
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








5 comments:
I am game... come back to AZ... I can't fly or go there now... too close to baby. ;-) I sure miss you and wish we could have had some time together during any of these last trips to AZ.
Darn! Just when you've learned what you need to learn, He moves you forward to the next lesson. I am sorry about the situation. On the other hand, I'm sure you're kids will enjoy having you home again!
I'm game for a lunch, if you're willing to wait till after Feb 11th. My mom's coming up for a couple of weeks. If you go before then, just enjoy it!!! Love you!
I AM! I could use a change of scenery. sorry about your job, but on the other hand, yay for you! That's a tough place to be in. Are you going to find a new job?
Sorry about the job situation. Maybe you're just being prepared for something else coming your way.
I'm always up for lunch.
(Doesn't Tifany have a b-day coming up in Feb?)
I hop you are still enjoying your time at home!! Maybe we should do an e-lunch where we go to the same restaurant and talk or text over the phone. Hehe I know I'm silly :p
Post a Comment